What is DBIx::Class?
DBIC is an extensible and flexible Object/Relational Mapper written in Perl. ORMs speed development, abstract data and make it portable, allow you to represent your business rules through OO code and generate boilerplate code for CRUD operations.
Just a few of the benefits of DBIC are listed here.
- Write complex SQL queries in Perl code
- Generate classes from your database structure
- Write your classes manually
- Get a DateTime object when you are dealing with a time based column
- Get an Ajax interface to your database — automatically
DBIC is an Enlightened Perl Organisation supported project.